Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Update

Ok so you might be wondering about my "new adventure" with vegetables. Well, I'm going to have to say 2 strikes! My muffin/brownie/donut thingys, I'm the only one who's tried one. I didn't care for them. It wasn't because of the veggies, but the recipe. I don't usually care for homemade chocolate things, but I thought I'd give them a try. I didn't taste any of the veggie mix, so that was good. I think I'll try to just add the mixture to some plain old brownies and see how it goes. I've not given up on that one yet.
However, the mac and cheese that I tried tonight gets a thumbs DOWN. I told the boys we were having mac and cheese. Spike took one look at it and said, "that doesn't look like macaroni!" I tried to talk him out of it, but he would have no part of it! Slick at least TRIED it. Took one bite and said, "Ew, there's no cheese in it!" Tried to argue that one too, cause I know I put cheese in it, but all I keep getting was, "I don't taste it!" I took one bite of it and tasted the cauliflower immediately! We'll leave it for the final judge when he comes home. He'll have to cast the final unbiased vote! We'll see what he says! In the mean time, it's the drive thru on our way to church! I now know that I've got to have a "plan B" for the next time I attempt. I really thought this was going to be a hit. OOPS! Not so much!
Oh well, at least Slick's eating "cheese chippies!" I picked up some veggie chips the other day, he LOVES them! We'll get those veggies in one way or another!

No comments: