Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Sneaky" around

Those of you who know me, know my "love/hate" relationship with veggies! You know I WANT to love them, but reality is I hate them! So for some time I've been trying to figure out a way to get myself to just LIKE them! I've tried different ones here and there. Cooked/baked/steamed them all different ways, to no avail! The really bad thing is, my kids are following right along. So, I've finally decided to embark on an new adventure. I've dug out my cookbooks, borrowed some from the library and search the web. I've picked out a few recipes to try SNEAKING them in our "everyday meals". Now this is going to be extremely difficult considering that I KNOW they're in there. When my mom or sisters try to "sneak" them into something, I always figure it out. We'll see what happens!
Here are just a few of my "supplies"
Of course, we must wash them all!
Now really, I do think this looks SO YUMMY! Just can't get my taste buds to feel the same way!
Got to admit here though, not nearly as appetizing! Nonetheless, here they are!
Now, this is what the top shelf in my freezer looks like! Better get cooking and baking!
Ok, so here her have "legal donuts" ready to go in the oven. Yes, that's what they're called. Since I don't have a donut pan (hint, hint, mom), I had to make them into muffins. Not sure how I'm going to get this one by Slick, but I'm sure going to try! Spike, he doesn't care what "shape" his sugar comes in!

Remember that yummy looking mix of blueberries and spinach, well, that's nicely hidden inside! Can't wait for them to cool enough to try them! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: