Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Red Cast...


Well, "Uh-Oh's" leg is broken!!! He has a small fracture on the tip of his fibula. We decided to get him a "Bucky Badger Red" cast to commemorate the Big Ten b-ball champs!!! It is rather pathetic to watch him limp around the room. He is totally dealing with the hassle of walking with a stiff leg though. The first night, he didn't know what to do, but after getting over his initial issues with the cast, he dealt with it. It is funny to watch him adjust to getting up and down from the floor and picking things up without being able to bend that leg. Once again, the amazing ability of children to cope with just about anything life throws their way. He has to wear the cast for 2 weeks, and then get some more X-ray's to confirm it is healed. Keep praying for him and "Spike" to not break anything else in the process!!!!



We had a great day today celebrating my niece's 12th birthday. I remember when she was born... I wasn't even married then... I guess that makes me kind of old??? She is growing into quite a little lady, a good soccer goalie, and a clone of her mother!!! She also is almost as tall as her mother(her feet are already bigger). I am sure I will be blogging about this very thing in 10-15 years regarding my two bruisers, if not sooner. At least I can still win the wrestling matches as of this afternoon...



Ben

No comments: