Friday, March 14, 2008

More Mommy time anyone?


My kids have been adjusting well to my extra hours at work these past two weeks. I think tonight, they'd had enough. This was taken at 11:00 tonight. I couldn't tell you the last time my kids were not in their beds at that time of night. Spike is out cold. I was still trying to get Tuff to settle down when daddy took the picture. He was just playing right beside me like this for about an hour. Tuff was in bed until I went to put Spike down. He woke up and that was the beginning of a very long two hour struggle. When Tuff got up, Spike thought he needed to be up too. The rest is history!
Between extra hours at work, Dr appointments, regular commitments and everyday life, my time with the kids has been lacking the quality they need. Overall, they've been very flexible, I just think tonight was their limit. If I would hold one, the other would cry and back and forth we went. Who can blame them? I am feeling the same way. Thankfully daddy doesn't have to work tomorrow so we are planning to do some family things and hopefully this will help us all! They are in bed and asleep as I write this and hopefully will be there for the remainder of the night. That's where I'm headed too! Good night to all!

No comments: