Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring fever!

So it was 43 degrees here today and we were OUTSIDE in sweatshirts. Do you think someone has SPRING FEVER? Yep, it's ME! Of course the boys didn't object to it! I got the yard cleaned up from the twigs/branches that had fallen over the winter. Boy, do I feel better now. I just can't stand to have things lying in the front yard. I don't understand it (and neither does my husband), but that's how it is. So I've been itching to get that done. Today was the day to do it!
Meanwhile, the boys were just plain itching to get OUT! So of course Slick goes right for his bike. I'm so thankful for this. About this time last year I remember talking to my mom about the fact that he just would NOT ride a bike. Now to me, I thought every little boy was born to ride a bike, so when he didn't, I was worried. But my mom reassured me that he would be fine. She was right. He LOVES his bike, even though it might not look like it in this picture. Of course when we go outside, we MUST have a snack, or so that's what he thinks! How pathetic is he? Really laying it on thick.
Spike on the other hand, he's been wanting to play basketball. So I pumped up his ball and he brought out the hoop! He was so exited!
Slick tried a few shots. He seems a little more interested in it this year. Should be fun!
Spike was trying to shoot from different places. He's much more aware of the "game" this year. I'm looking forward to watching him this summer. I'm thinking we're going to need to invest in a "real" hoop soon!
Look at that form! I see some potential. What do you think, Gramps? Is he gonna make you proud?
Oh and YES it went in!
What a lovely day! Can't wait for more time outside! YAY!

No comments: