Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ever Wonder?

Have you ever wondered what mom's do when they stay home with their sick child? I have. In case you care, this is what I did today while I was home with Spike. (Now keep in mind, he is getting older, and he was feeling MUCH better today. I really could have gone to church with him, based on medical terms, meaning, he was fever free for 24 hours and he had his antibiotic for 24 hours, etc. But by MOMMY terms, and that's what counts, he was not ready! So that being said, we were past the "lie-the-couch-and-HOLD-me-ALL-DAY stage!)

Daddy and Slick left for church and I got right on to making some YUM-O Banana Crumb Muffins! (Spike LOVES banana bread, muffins, cake, you name it!)

After cleaning up the MESS in the kitchen, I headed up to tackle the winter/summer clothes swap that I was in the middle of! Not only do I have to do the seasonal change, it works out that my kids also move into the next size right about this time of year. So I pulled Spike away from his LEGOS long enough to try on a few pants and shirts...

Before losing him to his new love, PHOTOGRAPHY! Yes, that is me in the background. After spending some time with the clothes, I changed, washed and remade the beds! ALL of them. Got to get rid of those NASTY germs. I don't want anyone else to get it!


That done, I moved on to FALL! I LOVE decorating for the fall. I don't have very much stuff, but just enough to make it feel a little more "autumnish" in the house. (All the while I've been burning a very yummy pumpkin spice candle that Spike picked out yesterday while waiting for his prescription!)


So my few decorations are up and there's just a little time before Daddy and Slick get home and want lunch! So what do I do, well, play LEGOS of course! I'm new to this whole LEGO game, but I must say, "I make a pretty good firefighting ATV!"


All in all, a pretty productive day! I know, Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest! Well, believe it or not, this was restful for me, emotionally that is. I feel very refreshed after being productive since there aren't many days that look like this one! I would have rather been at church, but my baby needed to get his rest! He's feeling MUCH better, for which I've very thankful!

No comments: