Monday, August 22, 2011

Coming to an End- Day 1 Part 2!

After dinner tonight we thought we'd try again! To find ducks that is. I asked a few people today and they all told me the same park, so we tried there! We loaded up the boys bikes and headed out. Got there and I ran the track while they rode their bikes. No sign of ducks the whole way around. We got back to the car and we heard a bunch. There was another family that I saw going into down by the banks with a bag of bread. Then we heard the ducks, actually I think they were geese, even LOUDER. We turned to see the family RUNNING away! It was so loud! The family ran to their car and got in. There was nothing we could do since the boys had their bikes. Slick went to hide around the back of a car only to come around the front with 2 little buggers following him. I can't beleive the boys were actually kind of scared! These things were "nasty", according to Slick!
I did get the boys to pose for a picture with their bikes! You can see the flock in the background.
I asked if they wanted to just get our bread out and feed them since they were there! They said "No way! Let's just get in the car! Hurry!" We did. I figured we'd find some up stream!
Sure enough! Two lonely duckies out on a date! They just floated in front of us the whole time! I thought the "nasty" ones would be there sooner or later, but they never came. The boys were very glad about that!
So, at last, we got to feed the ducks! Only gave them each a piece since there were only two!
All-in-all, it was a success, I guess! The only thing is, we've still got bread to get rid of! So, we'll try again tomorrow, maybe!

No comments: