Saturday, April 9, 2011

Big Day!

So, today was a BIG day at our house. As you can see, Spike lost his "second" tooth. This was the FIRST one to wiggle it's way out, the right way! It's been wiggly for a while. This morning when I asked if I could wiggle it, he told me to only wiggle it "in" not "out. It was getting to be time for it to come out and he knew it! He did not want it to happen. I knew it was going to end up being "one of those"! You know, the ones that this kids baby and baby till there's just nothing left to baby, and it just falls out! I didn't want him to get to that point, so Gramma Dale did the old "bite-the-tissue" trick! Worked like a charm! Not sure how she does it! Of course daddy tried to get her to tell her secret! Sure hope she can hold on to her magic for another couple of year! Of course Spike asked me to write another note to the tooth fairy. He really wants his cousin to see it tomorrow! So I hope the tooth fairy leaves the tooth again this time! What in the world do you do with those things? I've got the first one in my drawer. He hasn't asked for it since he showed his teacher. Now I've got another one! Oh well, I'm sure his little wife will want them one day, right? Also, check out the video. BIG day for Slick too!
I'm still in shock over this one. I thought he'd be seven and still riding with training wheels! Can't dress himself, or so he seems to THINK he can't, but he can ride a bike! I'm super proud of him. Daddy just suggested they try it. He was game! WOW! I figured he'd fall to the right side, immediately! He's already worn out a pair and a half of training wheels! I thought we'd be on our third pair soon. NOPE! He sure proved me wrong! He was so proud of himself! What a great accomplishment! Way to go, Slick! Now as for this mommy! It's been a big day for her too! Hanging up the training wheels and playing tooth fairy all in on day! WOW! Two little boys are growing up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way to go Spike!! I can't believe Slick is losing teeth already! (Sorry if I got the nicknames confused....I don't really call them that so I forgot which was which)! LOL